Always

Vote like the lives of your children depend on your doing so!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Rumble in the 4th Ward

Reports of there being no contest,
no Challenger
for the 4th Ward Council Seat
have been greatly exaggerated.

Meet the Contender...

Hello, my name is Curtis Edward Caviness.
I am a lifelong resident of Englewood, New Jersey. 
I am a product of the Englewood Public School System.
I am seeking the position of 4th Ward Councilperson.

I will provide a voice for 4th Ward residents on the Englewood City Council.

My contact information is above. Call me.

For the past 20 years, I have faithfully realized my civic obligations with political and educational advocacy. 

I have actively served on many boards and committees. 

For 25 years, I have been involved in Municipal Government work
including problem solving, budgeting, negotiations and property maintenance. 

 Recent Forums and Town Hall Meetings have revealed that 4th Ward Residents feel they are being "under served" & "under represented. 

As 4th Ward Councilperson, I will advocate for "Equal City Services.

Recreation/Community Center 
  • Affordable programs for youth 
  • Reciprocal mentoring programs between youth and seniors
    • Youth teach seniors to use technology
    • Seniors share their life experiences
  • State of the Art facilities

Property Maintenance
  • Abandoned, dilapidated and neglected properties
  • Unsightly and unkempt grounds 

City Services - 
  • Street cleaning
  • Drainage and cleaning of drain grates
  • Stagnate water watch
  • Deer population - tick and lyme disease
  • Snow and leaf removal
  • Garbage pickup - revisit rear yard pickup for seniors and disabled
  • Maintain healthy trees and shrubbery
  • Replacement of old traffic signs 
  • Pruning trees away from traffic signs
  • Investigate different types of energy (solar)
  • A cost effective trolley system within the City

Safety
  • Community Policing
  • Traffic & Speed controlling devices
  • Parking and towing
  • Prominent Crosswalks in our neighborhoods - paint the lines, put up the signs

Jobs for residents - Create jobs that meet the needs of the people.
Affordable Housing - Develop places where people can afford to live.

I will work with all residents, the Mayor, the City and the other Council Members to help Our already beautiful Englewood become an environmentally safe and sustainable "Full Service City" for ALL of its residents.


No comments: