Always

Vote like the lives of your children depend on your doing so!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

On The Job Training: Participate In The System

All past wrongs will never be solved in one night.

Prioritize.

Take a deep breath.
Make a list.
Put that list in priority order.
What is most important to address right now?

Breathe....I am trying to take my own advice...

While shopping at Costco, I met a former Board Member. She had previously asked me to join her
"Adopt a Classroom" program. I told her that I was comforted by the idea that such programs existed and held her hand a bit longer than I had previously intended.

She advised me to change my tone. She said that everything I complained about was crucial to be corrected and that people are turned off by the tone. She added that she thought I was intelligent and had the good of my community foremost in mind as a  motivation when speaking at Board Meetings.

She said that the children would surely suffer if we were not heard, so we had to change for the good of the children. At the time, I was pissed that she thought she could tell me what to do or how to say anything  But, in the end...

I was a Theatre Major... I watched other members of the Community speak like crooning Jazz singers and they got what they wanted. I could do that. Basically ask for the same thing but in a tone that they consider benign.

Breathe and Prioritize.

A couple of weeks later the Superintendent recommended that this Board Member's program be abolished and the Board of Education voted to end the program. This was a free Volunteer Program with qualified members of the Community who helped children in the Elementary School classrooms.

It is hard to maintain that. Jazz who.........? 1, 2, 3, 4....Breathe....

Prioritize....!

Part of the frustration is dealing with being angry about too many wrongs at the same time.

Prioritize...

I am game to try this if you are.
Put that list in order.
Would you like to compare priorities?

Breathe...

Speak up about your priorities like the crooning Jazz Singer and we will see if that works.


...And how are the children...?

No comments: