Always

Vote like the lives of your children depend on your doing so!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

There Has Never Been A Time Better Than Now!


Thank You, Supporters!
I realize that many of you are disheartened today. Some of you might be wondering if I am okay, after yesterday’s loss. I am doing very well, however, because of all of you. I truly felt your support, admiration of the campaign I ran and the warm embrace of “my” community. It is no secret that Englewood’s powerbrokers worked diligently against me, using dirty tricks and even recruiting those who look like me to sabotage my campaign. Yet, that didn’t matter to you and so many of you wanted me to serve as your School Board representative. That’s truly gratifying and humbling!
Further, most of us (who are political) knew early in the race that it is exceedingly difficult to overcome position #7 in a field of 8 candidates. In addition, the Democratic machine, big moneyed campaign that was run against me (in particular) was anticipated; therefore, it was unsurprising. Yet and still, I was undeterred from running because you are that important to me.
It was equally important to put together a campaign that was befitting of your support. It was crucial to remain focused on the educational and community issues that are distinctive to the Black and Latino families of Englewood because your needs are often overlooked by the alleged powerbrokers of this City.
Some tried to make a faux issue of the fact that I am a registered Republican. To me, the problems facing Englewood Public School District are non-partisan and demand solutions rather than Party rhetoric. Yet, this election also highlights the reason that I left Englewood’s Democratic machine four years ago and never looked back.
Last night was intended to send us all the message that we, the Black and Brown, are not in control. I
say different. It is time to stop the nonsense and the madness. This is our community and I am all for taking it back. Please join me in doing so. Let’s start the movement to regain control of our destinies, as well as those of our children.

Dr. Dierdre Glenn Paul, EdD.


This question begins a long conversation that includes the welfare of the entire Village
and includes the livestock.

No comments: